Do you know someone who travels a lot with their kids? Or may be you’re looking for inspiration on what to get your mini travelers. We put together a gift guide for traveling kids to help you out this holiday season. These items were suggested by K (11) and Lucy (8) and approved by their travel fanatic parents.
Travel Gift Ideas For Kids:
:: VTech Kidizoom Action Cam – Let kids record their own adventures.
- Kids camera is durable, versatile and able to capture the most memorable moments; action cam is a waterproof camera meant for kids
- 2 mounts attach the kids digital camera to bikes, skateboards and more; underwater camera comes with a waterproof case to take photos and videos in up to 6 feet underwater
- Features 1.4-inch color video camera LCD screen and the ability to take videos, photos, stop-motion videos and time-lapse photos
- Kids action camera comes with kids games, fun photo effects, frames and filters; download photos and videos using included micro USB cable
- Toy camera has a rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery with continuous photo-taking and recording time of 2.5 hours; intended for kids ages 4 to 9
- Action cam has a microSD card slot; with a 32GB microSD card (sold separately) the camera records 240 minutes of 640 x 480 video or 278,400 photos
:: VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect – Young travelers can snap pictures without parents worrying about damage to the camera.
- Real 1.3 megapixel kids camera with 4x digital zoom and 3 included games; Frustration Free Packaging means camera comes easier to open in a plain brown box
- 128 MB internal memory stores up to 1000 photos; camera comes with a micro SD slot for memory expansion
- This kids digital camera comes with both voice and video recording; videos also record sound
- Take photos with funny stamps, borders, or silly photo effects; change recorded voices with 5 voice changers
- PC and Apple compatible in mass storage mode, connects to VTech Learning Lodge on your computer to store and send photos; includes USB cable and 4 AA batteries
:: Nikon COOLPIX S3700 Digital Camera with 8x Optical Zoom and Built-In Wi-Fi (Silver) – Older kids can capture their own memories with a digital camera just like their parents but for a lower price tag. My kiddos use a similar model.
- 8x optical zoom; 16x dynamic fine zoom, an enhanced zoom function that effectively doubles your reach
720p HD video capabilities
- 16 Scene Modes and Scene Auto Selector
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication technology allow you to wirelessly share photos to a compatible smartphone
:: UNICEF Kid Power Band -UNICEF Kid Power gives kids a reason to get moving every day—helping children around the world.
For each UNICEF Kid Power Band purchased in US Target stores and target.com between 10.13.2015 and 12.31.2016, Target will donate $10 to United States Fund for UNICEF. The more kids move, the more Kid Power Points they earn. Kid Power Points are converted to funding by partners, parents and fans. UNICEF uses funding to deliver lifesaving packets of therapeutic food to severely malnourished children. The Kid Power donation/program is not being administered by Target. For more information on the UNICEF Kid Power program, visit www.unicefkidpower.org. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF does not endorse any brand or product. Donation is not tax deductible for guests.
:: Trunki: The Original Ride-On Suitcase – Little travelers can ride on their luggage when they get tired or bored!
- Hard-wearing and light weight plastic
- Award-winning British design, made in the UK and China
- Ride-on, tow-along, carry-on suitcase, ideal for vacations, sleep overs, weekends away
- Perfect for planes, trains and automobiles and att home, encourages pretend play and doubles as toy trunk
- Free five year warranty & holds up to 75lbs
:: Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids – While earbuds are smaller and easier for travel, they aren’t as comfortable for my kids. Plus they tend to turn those up too loud . The kids gear comes in 7 colors.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – Lifetime Limited Warranty
- WORKS WITH iPad, iPod and iPhone and many many other audio devices
- Custom designed fit for children 2 yrs. and older – Light weight and comfortable
- Now available in five NEW COLORS – Pink, Orange, Blue, Green and Purple!
- FREE KidzControl Volume Limit Cable to limit audio volume to approximately 80% (~ 20dB lower) of original maximum volume
:: Skip Hop Zoo Neck Rest, Owl – Help kids sleep on long car, train or airplane rides by getting them their own neck pillow.
- Ages 2-4 years
- For use in the car, on a plane or while waiting to get aboard
- Features a signature characters from the zoo collection
- Made of soft, plush velour
- Dimensions: 10.5″ high x 10.5″ wide x 3″ deep
:: Pirate Hooded Microplush Throw – My kids always travel with a hooded blanket. They use it while we travel from one destination to the next and while we’re settled in our rental apartments. Sometimes I even steal them for snuggling on the couch.
- Microplush fabric – super soft feel
- 50″ x 32″
- Attached hood
- Machine washable
Lucy also liked the Skip Hop Zoo Travel Blanket, Ladybug because you can use it as a pillow.
:: 50 Things to Do on a Car Journey (Usborne Activity Cards) – Great activity for kids to keep them busy while traveling.
This title contains 50 cards each showing a game, activity or puzzle to keep children entertained on a long car journey. It includes activities such as memory games, rhyming games and spotting games, sure to keep children (and adults!) amused for hours. Every card is colorfully illustrated and contains clear, step-by-step instructions. The cards are durable and robust, ensuring repeated use.
:: Melissa & Doug Reusable Sticker Pad – Vehicles – Another activity to for keeping kids occupied during travel.
- Extra-large sticker-activity pad
- Includes 5 colorful backgrounds and 165+ cling-style, repositionable stickers
- Removable background scenes include airport, roadway, construction site, harbor and railroad
- Reposition the stickers again and again
- Promotes fine motor skills and creative play
:: LEGO Creator Sea Plane – Small LEGO packages are great to pull out when kids start getting bored. We find these particularly useful when the kids need downtime in the hotel. Make sure to bring a baggie to keep all the pieces together once opening the package.
- Features a large propeller, engine detailing, navigation lights, tinted windshield and big pontoons
- 3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a super-fast catamaran or a cool swamp boat
- Sea Plane measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 3″ (10cm) long and 3″ (9cm) wide
- Swamp boat measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 3″ (8cm) long and 1″ (4cm) wide
- Catamaran measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 3″ (8cm) long and 1″ (4cm) wid
:: Kids’ Travel Specialty Journal – Let kids record their journey’s.
Pages for maps, daily activities, favorite events, cool new sayings and more! Take a Kids’ Travel Journal on your next trip. It may turn out to be the best souvenir ever!
:: Vacation Fun Mad Libs – Having fun contributing to a story while on the road.
Kids complete page after page of vacation theme stories by supplying the parts of speech indicated, then read the entirely silly story back and roar with laughter! Even if you’re not on vacation, you’ll love filling in the blanks and creating your own stories about “Cave Exploring” and “Driving in the Car,” among many others. Whether you’re home by yourself, or spending the night at a friend’s house, try playing Vacation Fun Mad Libs® for kicks.
:: The Lonely Planet Kids Travel Book – Great way for kids to learn facts about other places throughout the world on their level.
Take a world tour through 200 countries with this brand new edition of the bestselling kids’ version of Lonely Planet’s popular The Travel Book, loaded with thousands of amazing facts on wildlife, how people live, sports, hideous and mouthwatering food, festivals and a wide range of other quirky insights on every page.
The coolest places and experiences on Earth!
A Journey of discovery to find the most awe-inspiring places and experiences on the planet, from the traditional world wonders to The ‘Real’ Wonders of the World, identified by 8-12 year olds. Intriguing facts, colorful illustrations and amazing photography bring these wonders to life.
:: ALEX Toys Artist Studio Desk To Go – Keep art supplies all in one place while traveling.
- PVC-backed Nylon, Vinyl
- Perfect size for children’s laps and airplane tables
- Art activities encourage a child’s imagination and learning development
- Dr Toy’s Best Vacation Toys Award winner
- Includes a PVC-backed Nylon and Vinyl travel desk with a 9×12 inch working surface and 2 pockets
- Recommended for children 3 years of age and older
:: Crocodile Creek Travel Pouch Puzzle: World (100 pc) – Lucy’s pick to combine a puzzle and to show your parents where you want to go next 🙂
- Travel the world and see a variety of wildlife with the 100-piece World Travel Pouch Puzzle.
- Exciting and fun 8″x 12″puzzle teaches problem solving skills and fine motor coordination.
- Great project to entertain little ones at home or while traveling.
- Unique package design has made this puzzle an instant best-seller.
- For ages 5 and up. Made in the USA. Crocodile creek products conform to all appropriate safety standards.
:: Belkin Rockstar Multi Headphone Splitter – A splitter allows for my kids to watch a movie together on my laptop. This five way splitter would allow the who family to watch together.
- Five jacks for attaching headphones or iPod devices
- One hard-wired connection for your MP3 player
- Mixing and fade-ins controlled by the standard controls of each MP3 player
- Also works with all MP3 and portable DVD players
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
:: Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light, Blue – Great for home and on the go.
- Two energy-efficient LEDs cast bright white light,Powered by 3 AAA
- Durable LEDs last 100,000 hours – no replacement necessary
- Use one or two LEDs by tapping button
- Precisely engineered optical grade lens spreads light evenly
- Sturdy clip grips almost anything
:: Bananagrams – While I usually wouldn’t recommend a game for travel with so many pieces, we play this all the time in the evening while traveling.
- The anagram game that will drive you bananas
- Players race against each other to build crossword grids
- For 1 to 8 players
- Great for travel
- Recommended for 7 years and up
:: CamelBak Kid’s Mini M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack – Perfect for mini adventurers. This pack will help kids stay hydrated why they carry a few their own snacks along the trails.
- One interior slip pocket. Four exterior pockets
:: nabi DreamTab HD8 Tablet (Wi-Fi Enabled) – Keep younger kids busy with their own tablet.
- Android 4.4 KitKat, 8 inches Display
- NVIDIA tegra 4.0 1.6 GHz
- 16 GB flash memory, 2 GB RAM memory
- If the tablet does not turn on then hold down the volume and power button for at least 10 to 15 secs
- Remove the charging cable then plug it back
:: Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black – Older kids would likely prefer a Kindle over the nabi. We load ebooks for the kids, so they can read but not add extra weight to our luggage.
- Beautiful 7″ IPS display (171 ppi / 1024 x 600) and fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor. Rear and front-facing cameras.
- All-new Amazon Underground, a one-of-a-kind app store experience where over $10,000 in apps, games and even in-app items are actually free – including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more
- Enjoy more than 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps and games
- 8 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
- Updated user interface – Fire OS 5 designed for quick access to your apps and content plus personalized recommendations that make it easy to discover new favorites
- Up to 7 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching videos, and listening to music
- Stay connected with fast web browsing, email, and calendar support
There is also a Fire Kids Edition, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case depending on the age of your kids.
Let kids explore the world, one country at a time, with this fun and educational subscription!
:: More travel experiences! What better gift than to jet off to another theme park, town, city or country? While it’s awesome to go big and take kids to Disneyland or on a cruise for the holiday’s, giving tickets to the local theme park or passes to the zoo is a wonderful gift. That new toy will likely be forgotten in a couple of weeks, but travel memories will last a lifetime.
What other ideas can you add to this gift guide for traveling kids?
You might also like: