Kids are always looking for the next big adventure. If you’re visiting the west coast of France, stop by Futuroscope, France’s 2nd largest theme park. Kids can dance with a robot, go on a 4D adventure with Arthur and laugh at the antics of the Raving Rabbids. We’ve put together some Futuroscope travel tips to help you prepare for a visit.
Just be aware that this is not a traditional theme park with roller coasters and thrill rides. At Futuroscope, you’ll experience multimedia attractions with 3D and 4D shows, watch educational videos on massive domed screens and even learn about water pollution through a laser game in the 8th Continent.
After entering the park and having your tickets scanned, go to the services center to the right of the entrance. You’ll see the British and Spanish flags above the doorway. Trade an ID card for free translator headsets. These will allow you to follow along with the shows in English or Spanish. All films are in French, but 9 shows can be translated. You’ll also want to grab an English map before starting your day.
Once equipped with your translator, head to Danse with les robots and Arthur, the 4D Adventure. They are 2 of the most popular rides in the park, so make these your first or last stops of the day.
Kids favorite rides:
- Dances with Robots (Danse avec les Robots) – Dance party strapped into 23ft high robots
- Raving Rabbids Time Machine (La Machine à Voyager dans le Temps) – Take a trip through time with the Raving Rabbids.
- Arthur, the 4D Adventure (Arthur, l’aventura 4D) – 4D adventure through the world of Minimoys.
- Ice Age (L’Âge de Glace) – A 4D experience with the nutty squirrel, Scrat and other Ice Age friends.
- La Gyrotour – Get 360º views of the park from 150ft in the air.
- The Little Prince in Studio 16 – Embark on a 3D adventure with Le Petit Prince.
- The Arena (L’Arena fun Xperiences)- The kids loved the slides so grab a mat and zip along.